Invisalign is a dental treatment which is done to correct improperly aligned teeth and achieve a perfectly straight smile. Misaligned teeth are very common. But it’s essential to rectify them because they can not only increase the risk of oral health issues, but they can also affect your smile appearance. Although braces can help rectify misaligned teeth, the traditional metal braces are difficult to care for and they are also bulky. Other than the health benefits of Invisalign, there are also the cosmetic benefits of Invisalign that you will enjoy such as a better look.
Many people nowadays consider Invisalign treatment over the traditional braces for obvious reasons. For starters, the Invisalign is invisible, very comfortable, and you can easily remove them. To get the treatment done, people turn to social media to look for the nearest dental clinic that offers Invisalign procedure. That’s why it’s more important for dentists to use social media to market themselves.
Unfortunately, most dentists are not using social media effectively. The dentists are failing at social media strategy because social media marketing is still in the early roots of adoption for many dentists. However, more dental practices are seeing the importance of being active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How is Invisalign a social-media-friendly orthodontic procedure?
We are in a digital age where millennials have various social media accounts. Nobody wants to be photographed with wire braces in their mouths. That’s why many people prefer the clear aligners as they provide a clear alternative to braces. They allow you to take a photo with a perfect smile and post on your social media accounts. Since the demand for perfect smile is high, Invisalign is making it easier to achieve that by fixing the teeth.
How to get an Invisalign procedure
First, you need to make sure that Invisalign is right for you. Basically, Invisalign work just as the traditional braces. However, there are cases where the procedure may not be suitable, including:
- Severe underbite
- Weak jawbones
- Too much gap between the teeth
- Gum diseases
In some of these cases, Invisalign may be combined with braces for excellent results. So you need to consult an experienced dentist to determine if Invisalign is right for you.
The benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces
- They are invisible as they are made from transparent BPA-free plastic which makes them go unnoticed.
- They are convenient because you can easily remove them any time you wish.
- They promote oral hygiene as you can remove them to brush and floss properly.
- The length of Invisalign is relatively shorter compared to traditional braces treatment.
How to care for the aligners
These aligners can get discolored or stained if they are not properly cared for. So if you want them to remain clean and in perfect condition, these are some of the measures you need to take:
- Remove the aligners every day and clean them thoroughly as well as your teeth.
- Soak the aligners in a solution prescribed by your dentist and then rinse them to prevent dry saliva buildup. You should also brush them with a toothbrush which has soft bristles to remove any food particles remaining.
- Finally, wash them with an antibacterial solution. You should clean your teeth thoroughly before you put the aligners back on.