In this month’s newsletter: Home
Click on a topic below for more information
- KEA Campers win supreme Tourism Award
- International Artists at “World of Wearable Arts” – Nelson
- Explore New Zealand on a stylish BMW motorbike
- Intercity’s new Flexipass – buy “Coach Hours”
- Heritage and CityLife Hotels – New Zealand’s largest suite-style accommodation
KEA Swoops Up Supreme Award
KEA Campers (New Zealand) Ltd has carried off the Supreme Award in this year’s annual Tourism Awards, announced in Taupo on Wednesday 25 August 2004. New Zealand Tourism Award
The company was founded in 1995 and expanded into Australia in 2000. Now there are depots not only in Auckland and Christchurch but in Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Broome, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The company says it excels not only in offering clients the best service at its depots – but also on-road.
In New Zealand, clients come from Australia, Germanic Europe, Japan, North America, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the UK/Europe and Nordic countries. Since its inception, KEA has demonstrated steady growth and built a solid reputation. A high level of repeat customers find the company’s winning formula. 4WD Recovery Kits, map-based GPS Navigation Systems and radio safety beacons are available for all Australian rentals.
Click here to go to our KEA Campers page
- Please click on the KEA logo to visit our KEA Campers page,
- and for more on information about KEA Motorhomes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Motorhome bookings, and not only for KEA Campers but a number of Motorhome operators, for November and December are very heavily booked already. Itineraries may have to be changed to be able to get a confirmed booking (i.e. instead of travelling Auckland to Christchurch, bookings may only be available in the reverse direction).
Please contact us now with your booking request.
World of Wearable Arts – Nelson
Sixty international works of art have been received for New Zealand’s iconic cultural event, The Montana World of WearableArt™ Awards (WOW) in Nelson in September, 2004.
World of Wearable ArtsEntries have been received from the United Kingdom, Europe, United States, Australia and Asia, with Australia and Thailand boasting 20 entries each. Of the 295 submitted for the catwalk show, about 180 will make the final cut.
Launched 16 years ago as a one night affair in a leaky tent in rural Nelson, WOW sold more than 17,500 tickets to this year’s event within hours of release and extended the shows to seven nights over two weekends.
The brain child of Nelson sculptor Suzie Moncrieff, WOW’s concept is to take art off the walls and onto the body in a contemporary artistic showcase for emerging and experienced artists, sculptors, and designers.
There are no creative boundaries and past entries included materials as diverse as car parts, fish hooks, business cards, sausage skins, human hair, licorice, and salmon skins.
WOW’s vision is to eventually take the shows around the world, culminating with a worldwide competition to be staged in New Zealand.
For those who attend the show, there’s no shortage of things to see and do. Nelson boasts more than 350 local artists, some of the country’s top wine vineyards and the Abel Tasman National Park.
This year’s event will be held on 10 – 12 September and 16 – 19 September.
The judges include Dan Hennah who won an Oscar for his set decoration on ‘The Lord of The Rings – The Return of The King’, Simon Hames, a prop maker for ‘The Lord of The Rings’ and WOW supreme award winner, Margarita Robertson designer of New Zealand label Nom D and Nelson artist Sally Burton.
Explore New Zealand on a stylish BMW motorbike
There is no better way to take your own personal journey through this magical country than on a late model BMWBMW F 650 GS – For Town and Country motorbike. Enjoy a carefully planned guided tour programme with selected accommodation so you can enjoy a relaxed and pleasant stay after the day’s ride. The tour routes include the best bike-riding roads and all main sightseeing attractions New Zealand has to offer. For those more adventurous riders, an alternative “off road” option with gravel roads and amazing scenery has been included.
A professional tour guide (12 years of guiding and organizing) a kiwi host member, will share with you all secret spots he has discovered in his long career. The best beaches, the best roads, the best cafes and very special places are waiting to be explored by you. On all fully guided tours you will receive breakfast every morning, followed by the daily route briefing by the tour guide.
Guided Tours feature:
- Late model BMW Motorcycle of your choice with lockable hard luggage. (panniers and top box)
- Unlimited kilometres (mileage)
- Full comprehensive insurance cover for the motorcycle with nil excess
- Extensive Travel Information Pack
- Professional safety briefing at the start of tour and daily after breakfast
- Accommodation in top quality Hotels or Lodges (double or twin share)
- Evening meals mostly a la Carte, including a welcoming and farewell dinner
- Award winning traditional Maori Hangi and concert, Rotorua*
- Dinner Cruise on Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak Station, Queenstown
- Ferry crossing between North and South Island for bike & rider (depending on specific tour itinerary)
- American or continental breakfast every morning
- Professional and experienced, multilingual Tour Guide accompanying tour on a motorcycle BMW R 1150 RT – An “On the Road” Character
- Luxury Support / Luggage van with experienced knowledgeable driver
- Optional utilization of van for pillions and partners
- Free Airport or Hotel transfers on arrival and departure
- Support of Professional Motorcycle Touring Company and BMW New Zealand
- Free ride option, drive with the guide or meet him at agreed meeting points
- Guaranteed tour departure dates; maximum group numbers 10 motorcycles
- Nationwide Roadside Assistance and free phone helpline
Intercity’s new Flexipass
Travel on New Zealand’s largest coach network to just about anywhere you want to go in New Zealand. From major cities to the small country towns of rural New Zealand, Flexi-Pass can take you there 7 days a week, 365 days of Typical New Zealand road block…the year.
Flexi-Pass is sold in blocks of time which allows you to travel on regular InterCity bus journeys or on any Newmans Coachlines great sightseeing packages (coach travel only ) or a mixture of both. Travel in any direction and hop on and off as many times as your travelpass hours last. Travelplans can be changed up to 2 hours before departure without incurring penalties.
The more hours you buy, the cheaper each trip becomes. Flexi-Passes are valid for one year so it makes them ideal for independent travelers.
See the best of New Zealand for less than $600. Buy your Flexi-Pass in blocks of 5 hours starting from 15 hours right up to 60 hours.
Buy your Flexipass through Mosaic Travel and save! Prices range from NZ$144 for a 15 hour pass, right up to NZ$514 for a 60 hour pass.
Heritage and CityLife Hotels New Zealand
From the convenient centrally located CityLife Hotels to the grandeur of the Heritage Hotel collection, there is sure to be a hotel to suit your needs in New Zealand.
Heritage Hotel QueenstownHeritage Hotels are located in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Nelson, Hanmer Springs, Christchurch and Queenstown, and capture the essence of their uniquely local, and often, historic settings.
All Heritage Hotels offer international standard accommodation, rich with character andHeritage Hotel Auckland style, ranging from Heritage Auckland, New Zealand’s largest hotel, set in an Art deco building, to the boutique Hanmer Springs, a 1930s spa town hotel.
CityLife Hotels offer outstanding features for the corporate or leisure traveller with luxurious suites and rooms ideal for business meetings or extra comfort on a long stay.
Heritage Hotels offer award winning cuisine, exceptional recreational facilities and a wide choice of spacious suites and hotel rooms. Most suites offer a separate lounge with self-contained kitchen and laundry, and in-room entertainment centres.
Champs Elysees Day Spa at Heritage Christchurch is a fragrant oasis for a quick treatment or an entire day’s treat. Indulge with a decadent day spa visit to rejuvenate skin and soothe muscles.