Marijuana rehabilitation is a procedure with several stages. While each marijuana rehab centerwill vary, the normal process will be similar. You can typically expect:
- Individual assessment – You will be assessed and evaluated to establish the severity of your addiction. Each individual will be reviewed so that the rehab facility will be able to develop a distinct personalized care plan for you as an individual.
- Medically supervised detox – The next step in treating marijuana addiction is to detox. The medical rehab facility will guide your detox. With medical supervision, the detox is more likely to bear fruits, and you will have support through this challenge. Once the body is drug-free, the rehab center can continue yourtreatment.
- Rehabilitation and education – After your detox is over, restoration and education can start. You will most likely have personal therapy, group therapy, family therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, etc. All of these therapies will help you to beat your addiction permanently. Relapse prevention education will be part of your marijuana rehabilitation. You will learn how to prevent relapse as well as learn a few survival methods.
- Aftercare options – Even after you leave a rehab facility, your treatment program will continue. Rehab will only indeed be successful if you are committed to the process even after returning home. Multiple rehab programs offer aftercare options such as sober living homes alumni meeting programs, etc. Doctors and therapists will work with you to make sure that your care continues after completing rehab.
How do I know if I Have a Marijuana Addiction?
While most people believe that marijuana is not dangerous and addictive, it is not uncommon to get a dependency or even addiction to this drug. Research indicates that 30% of users have a marijuana use disorder of some sort. (link) Using marijuana while a minor drastically increases the chance of developing a use disorder. (link)
So how can you tell if you are addicted? Here are some symptoms to look for:
- Withdrawal symptoms if you try stopping.
- Feeling that you need the drug
- Not able to quit using the medicine, even though it negatively impacts your life
Marijuana Addiction Help
There are numerous options available to assist you with your marijuana rehab.Of course, the initial step to recovery is accepting that you have an issue. Besides, to support from friends and family, a formal marijuana rehabilitation center will significantly increase your chances of beating your addiction.
At a rehab center, you will take part in many different types of therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Health and wellness activities
- Group therapy
- Music therapy
- Life skill training
- Relapse prevention education
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Fitness activities
- Art therapy
This in-depth treatment will assist you on the road to recovery. Your spirit, mind, and body will be lifted as we focus on your personal needs. Click here to get more information on beginning your road to recovery today.